- Single MCU integrating the motor control functionality as well as BLE connectivity
- 600-W BLDC motor drive, operating from 6-V to 21.6-V, supports 27 -ARMS continuous winding current without heat sink in a small form factor of 70 mm x 45 mm
- Offers Bluetooth 5.0 SimpleLink™ solution using a 61μA/MHz Cortex M3 MCU with additional proprietary core based sensor controller
- Best RX sensitivity: –96 dBm (approx.) even when motor runs
- BLE ultra-low power operation <10 uA average at 1s connection interval, 1-μA sleep current
Ti:Microcontroller 18-V/600-W BLDC Motor Control Reference Design With Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.0 Featured
This reference design offers a Bluetooth® 5.0 SimpleLink™ option with better industrial noise immunity, more range, and less power for industrial applications such as power tools that operate from a 5- cell Li-ion battery. This power stage reference design uses a single Bluetooth low energy (BLE) MCU for both wireless connectivity and three-phase brushless DC (BLDC) motor trapezoidal control, designed in a single board, reducing the BOM and hence overall cost. The design demonstrates the BLE RX sensitivity of –96 dBm even when the power stage is driving motor, showing the robustness of RF performance. The design also demonstrates a small form factor power stage with overcurrent and short-circuit protection by MOSFET VDS sensing.